OGDEN's BASIC ENGLISH
News of the Institute
Accomplishments of November-December 2008
Accomplishments of October 2008
- Work with Basic English installer for OpenOffice.org 3.0.
Accomplishments of Sept 2008
- Minor updates to Basic translation dictionary (idp romanian 7a) for eParaphraser.
Accomplishments of July 2008
Accomplishments of June 2008
- Review eParaphraser, stand alone page translation software being developed by member Mike.
Accomplishments of May 2008
Accomplishments of April 2008
Accomplishments of March 2008
Accomplishments of February 2008
Accomplishments of January 2008
- IDP translation version 0.7. The vocabulary has over 47,000 words, derivatives, spellings and senses to convert English to Basic.
- Much of the month has been spent working with a branch of the U.S. Dept of Education charged with planning
the teaching of English in Asia . The approach is "Little Englishes" with a common vocabulary based on our sequence :
Basic English, Next Step Basic, Simple English and Simple Wiki English. Key is the worldwide, free, Open Office.org suite
for which we offer spell checking and English- to-Basic translation. Foundation funding is being sougnt to make this a free market endevour.
We need to estimate and make progress with programming and integration with Open Office.org.
Volunteers have a ground floor opportunity. (more)
Web Site and features
Written for FireFox 2, IExplorer 7, and occasionally revised for Netscape and Opera.
Spam. Email addresses are parsed on the website so they
will not be detected by spam searches. Please do not post email addresses on
your website. The algorithm we use was adapted from
Anti-Spam Script. It works to prevent address harvesting from websites.
Back to the Basic English Institute page
Last updated December 28, 2008.
Contact us by