LEARNING Basic English in OTHER LANGUAGES.
Danish, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Thailand
See this web site in your language.
Sehen Sie diese Web site auf Deutsch.
Vea este Web site en español.
Voir le ce site Web en français.
Veda questo Web site in italiano.
Veja este Web site no português.
has word for word change helps for Internet pages. To read these pages in your
- Click on Google -- www.google.com
- Select Language Tools
- Scroll to Translate
Translate a web page:
- Enter after http://ogden.basic-english.org/bt00.html
- Select, from English to your language
Notes : The Google translator.
Hear This Text and Pronunciation
In addition to the ways of "By Pictures", books, and other aids helps the Learning page,
we have reader given pages and links to other sites.
Disclaimer: the Institute does not control any of these sites and does not say anything certain anything about them. They are listed here as suggestions to possible helps in getting started
in a your regular language. The Institute gets only a small number of reports on the quality of other web sites.
Other Languages Page
- Japanese :
- Terada's Teaching Menu - 学習者用寺田授業法目次
- Terada's New Home Page -- 15Nov2011
- Basic English Society -- good site
- Basic English Society Links - which links to these.
- CD of "The Basic Reading Books" by L.W. Lockhart
Bill Rockenbach's (Tokiwakai Gakuen University Professor) has been reading a very clear, pleasant to have heard CD.
It is 2000 yen in four sets. Shipping is actual cost.
Reservations and Inquiries, please email to GDM method of teaching English Study Group at : email@example.com
- Basic English ML -- mailing list, shared learning exchange
- Yuzuru's Webpage
- Graded Direct Method - Japan - home page.
- Yanase -- some links may be good.
- "Reconsideration of Basic English" by Yosiko Aizawa - in Japanese . Liber Press , 1995. -- Basic's history; vocaburary, grammar, semantics; English teaching and prospects.
- "C.K.Ogden, a genius attracted by 850 words" by Yosiko Aizawa - in Japanese. Hokuseido Co. Tokyo, 2007. His life, Basic, its attractions, and history. 300 pages. November, 2007.
- "850 English Think In Terms - A Basic English Japanese Language Book" by Hiroshi Gotou 1997, out of print
- "Let's Use English with 850 Words -- making good use of Basic English" , contents or www by Yosiko Aizawa , published by Bungeisha, Tokyo, 2013 . About Basic English , in Japanese.
- Panopticon, extract in Japanese
- Chinese - We have a note from a site being developed that looks like it will be good.
We do not know much about the site, it is now gone, but it was at
- Dari -- wordlist in Afgan Farsi as PDF file.
- Portuguese - Basic to Portuguese.
- Basic for Italians -- calendar style book, 2013.
- Spanish - rough copies
- French same idea
- Thailand , "850 English" by Thankrit Khongjan. Published in 2011 by Para Da Book. Available at SE-ED stores for 161 THB ($5.20)
Learning other Languages the Basic Way-- the Duff books
A frequent question : "Is Basic English available in other Languages?" Not exactly. Ogden considered
English the ideal language to become the basis of an International Second Language. However, his method has been approximated as an introduction to learning other languages -- French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Portuguese. some published by Ogden's Orthological Institute.
Back to the Basic-English Institute
Go to the VOA Special English home page
About this Page: OtherLang.html -- Links to learning Basic English from
Last updated June 13, 2013 - add "850 English" from Thailand
January 11, 2008 - add Yosiko Aizawa two books
Contact us at