Project 433 . Creation of PODCasts of vocabulary, workbooks, texts, novels.
To do :
Learn how to create and edit MP3. - Done
VOCABULARY. Give the pronounciation, similar to Ogden's phonograph records.
Expand to include discussion of words a'la Richards
THE ORIGINAL BASIC BOOKS -- Follow the same sequece that Ogden published.
Confirm that the passages selected are pure Basic.
- Examples of Basic Usage : Basic By Examples ; Everyday Basic English
- Expand to second level Basic words. Add Richard-like descriptions. Combine with "The Basic words".
- Editorial : the Universal Language, Ogden, C.K, Psyche, January 1929.
- Basic English: A General Introduction with Rules and Grammar.
Ogden, Charles Kay. Small format, hardcover.
Publisher: Paul Treber & Co., Ltd. London, 1930.
Initial introduction of Basic English - summarized on these Web pages.
- The ABC of Basic English. Ogden, C.K., Hardcover
Publisher: Kegan Paul, Trench, Trubner, London 1932.
A simple account of the structure of the language in an ordered way, for learners and teachers.
- Basic Step by Step, Ogden, C. K., 1935. 280 pages.
<== Key source for pronunciation project
A simple teaching-book giving the 850 words in 30 groups, with reading-material, notes, and pictures.
An aid to teachers in preparing lessons. And when used for the serious self-study
- The Basic Teacher, Lockhart, L.W., London, 1950.
A full and detailed work plus guide. Work in Terada's guides.
- Learning Basic English . A practical handbook for English-speaking people.,
I.A. Richards and Christine Gibson. HB, Norton & Co., New York, 1945.
Learn to speak while restricting yourself to the Basic words.
NOVELS, Stories, and Non-Fiction.
- A Basic Phonetic Reader by Professor A. Lloyd James, Nelson & Sons, 1937.
A system of pronunciation with many examples in Basic; 148 facing pages with phonetic on one side and short stories on the other.
- Economics in Basic English by L.W. Lockhart,
Psyche Miniatures, 1933. Translation of important works and introduces the 50 word economics supplemental word list.
- Basic English compiled by Julia E. Johnson. Wilson, Reference Self Series,
Vol 17 No.1, 1944. A collection of 30 essays on Basic English
- This category is almost endless.
- Be sure to include Institute created.
Creating . . .
Here some sites for starting your own cyber-radio station:
Interesting example website. Semi-commerical. "Here is a site I am talking with a bit about method and lexis level, out of LA:
Their stuff is generally fairly intermediate, too many idioms, but they have opted for slow delivery as stage 1." -- Bill Templer
OTHER REFERENCES :
Back to Basic English
Institute home page.
or Project Catalog
About this Page: 433.html - Project 433 -- Creation of PODCasts.
.Last updated February 29, 2012.